1. The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must completely understand the importance of Tajneed and keeping it
2. The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed should ensure that any circulars or messages that are shared within the
Department’s WhatsApp Group are shared with each member.
3. The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed should ensure that the points given below are shared with Majlis
members at least once in a year. This can be done through short presentations, speeches, or
|THE IMPORTANCE OF TAJNEED||
All the information that is requested and recorded by the Tajneed Department is important as it allows:
• the Markaz to share important information about Huzoor’s instructions, events, campaigns etc. with members
• Local and National offices to plan and register for events like meetings, Jalsa, Ijtema, Tarbiyyati/Tablighi camps etc. based on more accurate information (this includes planning for various aspects of such events such as location, food, facilities etc)
• Finance Secretaries to create an accurate budget for the upcoming years, which helps the Markaz plan for various projects and services
• Members to pay their chanda and get it properly recorded and accounted for
Therefore, members should contact their Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed to ensure that the details the department has, are accurate and up to date, especially if their essential details such as phone number or home address has recently changed.
THE USE OF
A Jamaat Identification Number (ID) is given to each individual registered as a member of the Jamaat. This ID is necessary for Chanda payments and assists in maintaining a proper and updated record of such payments.
The Jamaat ID also allows for swift identification and registration of individuals at events like Jalsa Salana and Ijtema. The proper registrations of individuals at such events is necessary to maintain security and safety of all attendees and the premises. It is also necessary in providing departments of food and other facilities with an accurate number of attendees, ensuring the smooth running of an event.
It is imperative that each member bring their ID card with them when attending any national event such as National Ijtema or Jalsa Salana. It is also necessary that each member when arriving (for the first time) each day, presents her ID card to the registration marquee and has herself registered as an attendee.
|When moving houses results in a change of the Majlis, it is the responsibility of the moving member to contact the new Majlis President or the Majlis’ Tajneed Secretary and inform of her move and new details. The moving member should also inform her old Majlis’ President or Majlis’ Tajneed Secretary of her move.|
Lajna Imaillah protects the confidentiality of its members by ensuring that details such as addresses, date of births etc. are only accessible to the National Tajneed team. Certain details such as phone numbers are only shared with office holders if extremely necessary and justified. For all other purposes, only the total number of members in a certain Halqa/Majalis/Region/Auxiliary is shared.
- The Majlis Monthly Report must be submitted by the 10th of every month. In case there is a delay, it is the duty of the Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed to inform the National Department as to the fact that there will be/has been a delay and the reason for it.
- The most updated version of the form must be used to complete the Report.
- The Report must be completed in accordance with guidelines (see Guidelines for completing Majlis
Monthly Report Form)
- The Report must be sent with any other necessary form (the most updated versions must be used)
|Forms||How and When to Fill||When to Send|
|Form 1: New Lajna Membership Information||This form is to be completed by members who have recently been registered and need to be added into
the Tajneed.This form must preferably be completed in the same month
in which a member is registered.
|Majlis Secretary must send this form to the National Department by the 10th of the month in which the form is completed (along with the Majlis Monthly report).|
|Form 2: Change of Address||
This form is to be completed by members whose address has changed. This is to be completed regardless of whether a member’s Majlis has changed.
It is the responsibility of the new Majlis’ President or
Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed to give the member the form and require her to fill it in.
This form must preferably be completed in the same month in which a member has changed addresses.
|In the case that the change of address has resulted in a change of Majlis, the new Majlis’ Secretary must send this form to the National Department by the 10th of month in which the form is completed (along with the Majlis Monthly report).|
|Form 3: Newborn Registration||
This form is to be completed by members who have recently been blessed with a child.
This form must preferably be completed in the same month in which a member has been blessed with a child.
Majlis Secretary must send this form to the National Department
by the 10th of the month in which the form is completed
(along with the Majlis Monthly report).
TO FILL OUT THESE FORMS
The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must either:
• Give the member a copy of the form and request her to fill it in English or Urdu; or
• Send the member (via email, message etc.) a copy of the form and request her to fill it in English or Urdu
In the case that the member is unable to fill out the form (such as due to illiteracy) the Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must contact the member via any means possible, acquire all the information required and fill out the form on the member’s behalf
The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must use the form to add the member and her details to her Tajneed List (see
below) and must save the form (preferably in soft copy).
Mandatory Figures – First Box
1. The Tajneed for ‘Previous Month’ will be the Tajneed provided in the previous report.
Even if there is an error in the previous month’s Tajneed, the exact number reported in the previous
report should be stated as it is.
2. Unregistered members are not to be included for any category. Members are not part of Tajneed until
they are registered.
Mandatory Figures – Second and Third Box
3. These numbers are only for members who are registered. If an unregistered member has moved in/
out, or is overseas etc. do not state that in this box.
4. ‘No. of members that have moved into your Majlis’ include only those who have as a change of address
moved into a Majlis. It does not include
• Members who have moved into a Majlis’ Tajneed because they have been registered
• Members who have moved from Nasirat to Lajna
• Members who have moved from Under 7 to Nasirat
5. Remember that ‘No. of Births’ changes the Under 7 Tajneed only.
6. Remember that ‘No. of Deaths’ should change the Lajna, Nasirat or Under 7 Tajneed.
7. Remember that ‘No. of members who are overseas’ does not change any Tajneed.
Mandatory Figures – Fourth Box
8. Only provide numbers of unregistered members.
Details of Change of Majlis
9. If the details provided in the mandatory figures box have changed from the previous report, provide
all details in this box. This include members
• Who have moved in as a result of change of address
• Who have moved out as a result of change of address
• Who have changed address but remain in the same Majlis
In this box, do not report
• Members who have moved into Majlis’ Tajneed because they have been registered
• Members who have moved from Nasirat to Lajna
• Members who have moved from Under 7 to Nasirat
10. The attendance of Majlis members at events (mentioned in the ‘attendance report’ table) should be
reported, regardless of whether such events are organised by the Jamaat (local, regional and national)
or Lajna Imaillah (local, regional and national).
11. Remember that the report being submitted is for the previous month. Thus, only events that have
occurred in the previous month should be reported.
12. Registered members are those who have been issued a Jamaat ID. However, just because a member is
unaware of her Jamaat ID does not mean that she is unregistered. It is the duty of the Majlis’ Secretary
Tajneed to contact the Majlis President to determine whether the member has an ID and is registered.
If the Majlis President cannot resolve the matter she must contact the National Department as soon as
All Majalis secretaries are requested to prepare the following lists and send through to the National Secretary
Tajneed by the 10th of February:
• Lajna Tajneed
Jamaat ID, full names, date of birth, and full address
• Nasirat Tajneed
Jamaat ID, full names, date of birth, full address and Nasirat level
• Under seven girls and boys
Jamaat ID, full names, names of parents, date of birth
Full names, Wasiyyat number
• Waqfeen in Lajna and Nasirat
Full names, Waqf number
• Students in Lajna only
Full names, education level, email address
The following lists should be prepared on an Excel document, with a separate worksheet for each category.
This document should be password protected. The National Department of Tajneed will inform each Majlis’
Secretary Tajneed of the password she is to use to protect the document, by the 10th of January.
‘Tajneed Lists’ refers to a document (preferably formatted in Excel) that is created and regularly updated by
every Majlis and contains the Tajneed of all its Majlis members, including
• Lajna Tajneed with their Jamaat ID, full names, date of birth, and full address
• Nasirat Tajneed with their Jamaat ID, full names, date of birth, full address and Nasirat level
• Under 7 (girls and boys) Tajneed with their Jamaat ID, full names, name of parents and date of
1. The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must update her Majlis’ Tajneed Lists monthly and should be
prepared to share it with the National Department upon request. The Tajneed Lists should be in such
a condition that a member of the National Department, an incoming Secretary, or the Majlis
President is able to easily understand and navigate it.
2. The Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must not share the Majlis’ Tajneed Lists or any of its contents with
any person other than her Majlis President, the National Department of Tajneed and the National
President. Any request to access the document or its contents by any other persons should be
forwarded to the National Department of Tajneed.
3. The Majlis’ Tajneed Lists should not be created or saved online (such as on Google Drive, Cloud
4. Upon vacating her position as Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed, the Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must
handover the Majlis’ Tajneed Lists to the Majlis President or the incoming Majlis’ Secretary
Tajneed. The vacating Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed must not retain a copy (in any form) of the Majlis’
5. If a Majlis does not have such a document, it is the task of the Majlis’ Secretary Tajneed to create
such a document with the help of the Majlis President within the first quarter of next year. This list
should preferably be compiled on an Excel document with a separate worksheet for each auxiliary.