“Our experience shows that various diets adefinitely affect the faculties of mind and soul” – Promised Messiah, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (Peace be upon him)
Oct/Nov/Dec – Mental health awareness
All Majalis should hold interactive mental health seminars covering the following topics. Majalis can include other mental health topics apart from these which they reckon suit their needs and demographics.
- Anxiety/Panic attacks/Depression
- Eating disorders and body image
- Postnatal depression
Cover the following topic in one of your Halqa/Majalis meeting –
- Colic in babies (causes, self-treatment, seeing your doctor)
Present articles and PowerPoint presentations on the following health issues covering their causes, symptoms, prevention and treatments.
- Allergic Rhinitis/Sinusitis
- Hay Fever
Arrange and provide first-aid training to members. (If a professionally
trained member, doctor or nurse is not available amongst lajna members then utilize online videos)
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Natural home remedies for hair loss and dandruff
Articles and information for the above topics will be provided by the National Department.
- Heart Disease (Present a thorough article or informative piece. If there is a doctor amongst your lajna members; request them to present it or talk about it)
- Start preparations for National Ijtema Sports (Inform members and encourage them to get involved. Hold a sports day in your respective Majalis.)
- Refresh members knowledge on fire safety
- Arrange a workshop on the topic of ‘Healthy Lifestyle.’ (Talk about the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle. Encourage and involve members to play sports. Talk about healthy eating habits.)
- Discuss health-related issues of elderly people especially concerning falls, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Finalize preparations for National Ijtema Sports.
Articles will only be provided by the National Department where it is mentioned. For all other topics the Majalis secretaries of Dept Sehat-e-Jismani are responsible for researching and providing information.
A picnic, a sports event or a walking/jogging activity should be organised each quarter as per the ease of each halqa or majlis according to the requirements of the report.