- To ensure Lajna produces quality publications on time, such as the quarterly newsletter, children’s biannual magazine “Al-Meezaan” and the annual magazine “Ad-Duha”
- To publicize regular and special Lajna events and activities through published announcements prior to the event and after the event through reports
- To publish workbooks & booklets that can be used by Lajna and Nasirat
- To assist as support group to other Lajna offices when a publication is needed for their office
- To distribute Lajna publications to non-Jama’at institutes (universities, colleges, libraries)
- To increase distribution of literature among Lajna & Nasirat membership
- To publish new publications as needed and to publish revised books/pamphlets
- To communicate in media the positive image of Islam, replying to objections and accusations against Islam and denouncing immoral and bad acts in name of Islam
Here are some aims and objectives for the local publications secretary, including the tips for recruiting articles from members, for the magazines.
- Ask members to write for the magazines throughout the year. Do not wait for the deadline.
- Forward the award winning essay of national competitions to the relevant editor and national publications secretary, when they are awarded.
- Approach good speakers at events such as Masih-e-Maud (as) Day, Musleh Maud (rz) Day, Khilafat Day, Jalsa Seeratun Nabi (saw) and Ijtema’at, and request them to submit their speeches for publication in Ad-Duha (Urdu and English). Similarly, ask lajna and nasirat/atfal members to submit recipes, jokes, health and beauty tips, travel diaries, etc. and other matters of interest.
- Keep reminding the local Lajna who may be interested in typing for Ad-Duha in Urdu.
- Convey to the members the number and types of formats of literature and publications available today, such as audio books and ebooks. Encourage the members to read the prescribed books and media by other department secretaries, to ensure their maximum audience is reached, by researching and communicating the formats available.
- As Lajna Imaillah tajneed has increased in all majaalis including interstate majaalis, the number of magazines ordered by each majlis remains either the same or grows in very small number. Please increase the numbers of orders and purchases by encouraging your lajna members and the children to buy these magazines. A lot of hard work goes into each publication, and it can only be appreciated if it reaches the maximum number of readers.
- If anyone wishes to order or purchase books, cds or dvds, they can contact the local jama’at publications secretary.
Ad-Duha is an annual publication for the educational and spiritual education of Lajna Imaillah Australia, which is published at the auspicious occasion of Jalsa Salana Australia each year.
All Majalis Presidents are requested to follow the instructions outlined below:
- Please ensure that your Majlis members contribute written material in form of articles for this magazine in a timely manner. The deadline for contributions for the 2020 issues December 15, 2020.
- Ensure that the submissions are well-researched and nicely presented and include a bibliography (preferably).
- This year at Jalsa Salana the theme of the magazine “Ad Duha” is “Hijrat”. Writers can select any particular Hijrat phase which khilafat has been through. Make sure that every majlis sends at least one or two articles. The article however should be original and references should be provided where necessary.
- Lajna members are free to write on topics that interest them, for instance: health issues, travel & adventure, personal accounts, poetry, lifestyle and of course, religious knowledge. The article however should be original and references should be provided where necessary.
- As far as possible, the material should be typed. If an Urdu article cannot be typed, please present it in a neat handwriting to facilitate typing. If you are interested in learning how to type in Urdu, the software can be provided. We also welcome volunteers who can contribute to our department.
- Encourage your members to support “Ad-Duha” by purchasing it.
- You can also send reports or any news which you feel will be beneficial for the readers.
Al-Meezaan is an educational and spiritual magazine for the Atfal and Nasirat, which is published twice a year, mid-year and at the auspicious occasion of Jalsa Salana. It was the recommendation of Khalifatul Masih V, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad (aba) that this magazine be bilingual as well as biannual. We would like all the Majalis Presidents as well as Nasirat and Atfal secretaries to encourage children to contribute something for this magazine.
- Although the magazines have a theme, children are encouraged to write about any topic they like. Children may not only send us articles but also stories, poems, quizzes, religious articles, jokes, riddles, puzzles, artwork/drawings, accomplishments, achievements, etc.
- Please note articles, etc. should be typed in Microsoft Word and artwork should be submitted in .jpg format. Children may also submit articles, etc. in Urdu (hand-written or typed).
- If a Nasira under the age of 10, or a Tifal of any age, wish to send a photo of themselves along with their submission, they are most welcome to do so (.jpg format please).
- Al Meezaan does take submissions from children under the age of 7, and similarly, adults are invited to write for the magazine, keeping in mind that the audience of this magazine are young minds therefore the language should be appropriate. However, it is the discretion of the editorial board to include these submissions in the magazine or not.
- In addition, if a child has finished the Holy Quran, the parents may send in a picture of their child (provided the Nasira is under 10), with a few words about their child. Other outstanding spiritual and academic achievements are also encouraged to be given.
The Publication Team of the Lajna also publishes the newsletter. However, this cannot be sustained without the collaboration and support of the National Amila members and local majalis presidents. The objective of our Newsletter called “Lajna Newsletter” is to inform the entire Lajna membership about the activities that are taking place throughout Australia by the Lajna Imaillah auxiliary. If this news is not available to get printed in the newsletter, then an informative newsletter cannot be published.
- We expect that National Amila members and local majalis presidents will send pertinent news. The way we would like to present the reports of activities however is that once the National General Secretary prepares a report for Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba), we will include a condensed version of that report in the newsletter so that we are fair to all majalis.
- On the same note, if a newsletter is being published but not circulated by the local Majlis Presidents, and not reaching the lajna members, again, the purpose and objective is not being fulfilled. Hence we need the cooperation of all majalis presidents to circulate the electronic copy to their members who have internet access, otherwise, print a copy and hand it to them, put it on the bulletin board or read it out at a halqa or majlis event so that the messages are conveyed to everyone.
With the kind support and cooperation from all concerned, Mushairas will be held during the year under the Publication Department’s banner. The Annual Mushaira will be general and will be timed with National Ijtema. Publication team also motivates all the majalis to hold at least 1 mushaira in a year. This ensures that at least one mushaira is held every month. Hopefully, this will quench the thirst of our literary minded Lajna and further ignite their passion for poetry.
Lajna Media Watch Australia is a project that has been launched to monitor local and national print media to meet two main objectives as follows:
- To remove misunderstandings & misconceptions about Islam from an Ahmadiyya point of view.
- To inform media about the mistreatment of Ahmadi Muslims around the world.
The objective is to voice the concern of the worldwide Ahmadiyya community that persecution has resulted in imprisonment or other atrocity against an Ahmadi in the country of the respective government official to whom the letter is being addressed.
In order to meet the objectives:
- The team will be required to respond rapidly to media coverage of Islam through letters and editorials i.e. within 24 hours.
- The team will alert all members about the news item that needs to be responded to.
- The team may share her response with other team members who can provide her with some feedback to improve her piece.
- The team may also write independent articles on different aspects of Islam related to contemporary issues. When Ameer Sahib’s office will contact the team to write letters to government officials, a timeline to prepare and mail such a letter will also be provided and the team will act in response accordingly.
- If you are interested in becoming part of this dynamic group, please contact National Lajna Imaillah Publications Secretary.
If anyone wishes to order or purchase books, CDs or DVDs, please contact National Publications Secretary for a list or items available and the prices along with an order form. Bookstalls are organized at National events, such as Jalsa Salana and National Ijtema where a large variety of items are displayed and made available for purchase.
The Publications Department is also actively involved in providing content matter for the website and social media account on Twitter. It prepares reports and other items for online publication on the lajna website and twitter that are submitted by various departments and different Majalis.
- Please ensure that any photos that are sent in alongwith the report or news is according to the set guidelines for publication
- It will be up to the discretion of the Publications Department if they would publish the news and report. Publications Department will also modify the item when needed.
- Every month a topic will be given to the majalis and they will be asked to submit a verified and referenced Ayah, Hadith, quote of Hadhrat Masih Maud (AS) OR quote of Khulafa-e-Ahmadiyyat.
- Similarly, a list of topics may be given at the start of a quarter period for blog articles to be submitted by majalis. These articles, at the discretion of the Publications Department, will be published on the website.
All of these reports and other content matter of various departments for website publication are handed over to the community’s website team for online publication.
Key points for Media Monitoring Team and Website Blog:
- On various occasions, the publication department will reach members of the team for their written pieces on different topics. These topics can range from religious to social ones.
- The purpose of the blog is to exert the significance of Islam in everyday life in easy and simple manner.
- It is up to the team to decide which articles would be published.
- The length of these articles would be 800-1000 words.
The main purpose of the “Twitter” is to introduce the women’s auxiliary in the broader community, as women of our community and their services in various capacities for the society remained generally “unseen” and “unappreciated” to the general public. It remains a mean to provide news of our community to the general public and lifts the misconceptions of women in Islam.
Key points for news submission:
- Majalis and regions are to submit news related to events with external guests and any extraordinary achievements.
- Local meetings, ijtima and jalsa are not included in the news to be submitted to twitter or website.it is up to the discretion of the team, if the news is published or not.
- If any photos to be attached to the news items, Lajna and nasirat are not to be photographed.
- Appropriate care of pardah is to be observed. To add further, aesthetic presentation of the photo is also very important.
- On various occasions, twitter team will approach the Majalis to ask for properly referenced quotes and references for topics of interest.